RotateToPortraitMode

dn.

The problem defintion:

As more and more people are diagnosed with various illnesses, the need for a solution that helps amend issues caused by rises simultaneously. Lives of all these people are at constant risk and there needs to be a way to make them feel more ‘normal’ with their lives once again.

Problem statement:

How can we make the lives of people diagnosed with high-risk illnesses safer and simpler through digital or physical products and have it be accessible for all of them regardless of their social status?

back to top

Concept explanation and client presentation:

In this project we have created digitalized technology for healthcare that enable to transform healthcare delivery for people with specific diseases of high risk of fatal and unexpected events such as: Stroke, Coronary Artery Disease, Ischemic Heart Disease, Diabetes type 1 and type 2, Severe Acute Lower Respiratory Infection and COPD

We have chosen to work with Siemens Healthineers since they are worldwide pionieer if it comes to developing medical devices. Moreover, they put heavy pressure on compliance and credibility.

The choice of methodology:

  • For the management of the project we decided to follow Models of Project Life Cycle specifically Agile Method, since we find it the most efficient and effective for this type of project.

  • To help us make a right decisions we have used the 6 thinking hats method with identifying solutions sequence.

  • We decided to do Extreme user mapping since our target group is diverse. It helped us to create Personas further on.

  • To find the right fit between what our solution offers and what the user wants, we have used the Value Proposition Canvas model.

  • In order not to walk blind between ideas we created Creative Brief in which we set purpose, objective, expectations so we could all start from the same point

Work flow:

The first step of the process of creation was the research. To get to know the client and target group, we conducted thorough desk research and we interviewed a friend of ours that has been struggling with diabetes since the early age of her life. Moreover, we used aforementioned, adapted UX mappings.

Knowing the needs of potential users, we started to gather inspirations and we put them into inspiration board. While divergent thinking we also placed all functionalities we decided to apply to the app onto the sticky notes.

Afterwards, we used card sorting, both closed and open. It helped us to get an idea what  options and where seems the most appropriate to people. Within this done, we made a site map and user flow afterwards.

We proceed to sketching and within this done to lo-fi and hi-fi wireframing. Having in mind UX laws we applied some of them in our product. Connecting all the wireframes and applying nice transitions between pages and micro interactions brought pleasing and encouraging to use product.

Throughout the process we conducted few heuristic user tests on experts and ordinary people, both on the initial wireframes and final product. We received relevant insights, that contributed
to a creation of better final product.

At the end we had to make one pager that presents our product to the target group.

I've worked on this project together with Aleksandra Juc, Natalia Hujova and Jakub Machnik. We've worked together during the process without spliting the roles.

prototype ↗

more projects