How can Arla make it easy for their farmers to enter data on how they run the farm in terms of sustainability?
How can Arla nudge farmers to continuously collect and contribute data on how they can best contribute to reducing their carbon footprint?
Arla wants to help their farmers measure their performance in regards to sustainability and thereby allow them to track their performance and benchmark with others.
The challenge is to make the data entry process and the rest of the process easily accessible and user-friendly to the farmers. In general, a solution must be developed that supports the farmers' interest in sustainable farming.
For this project we were given target group - Danish farmers in cattle farming and milk production with a wide spectrum of age (2 personas; Casper 34 y.o. and Henry 61 y.o.). The target group enters data 4 times a year to register their carbon footprint and benchmark their holding. They must both be able to compete with themselves (improve their data from last year) and be able to compare themselves with the other farmers in their region and at the national level respectively.
We were also given relevant links to all the information regarding the company and brand guidelines. Based on personas we mapped our users with an extreme user method.
For the visual model we have chosen to work with the Double Diamond design process since it focuses on the problem and solution.
To map the users, we used diverse mapping methods, such as: Jobs-To-Be-Done, Value Proposition Canvas, Extreme User and Comprehension Schedule.
For the testing, we conducted both Think Aloud Test on students from farming related studies and at the finishing stages Expert Testing.
We decided to do Crazy 8's to proceed with sketches, so within limited time we came up with ideas that could turn out unique and suitable for the product.
After conducting relevant user mapping we started designing process by doing crazy 8's and further lo-fi wireframes. When that was done we have conducted first initial thinking aloud user test on students. We received valuable feedback and applied changes to hi-fi wireframes later on.
The following step was to figure out information architecture and create a task flow. Like this it was easier for us to imagine how the user would interact with our solution.
Afterwards, we have created style tile and further on started with hifi wireframes and then prototyping. To keep the app somewhere between formal and informal we set specific tone of voice and created visually pleasing graphics that are connected with Arla brand.
I've worked on this project together with Amalie Dahl Vedelø, Sophie Busch Jespersen and Maja Amalie Leonhardt Enevoldsen.
My main responsabilities were: UX research and testing but we worked as a team so we did almost all together.